*Butler Machinery Company reserves the right to change or terminate any or all of the benefits at any time in its sole discretion. Butler Machinery participates in e-verify.Whether you’re looking to get started in a career, or are simply ready for a new challenge, we want to hear from you! Butler offers a wide range of industry leading benefits to fit our employees needs and to help team members plan for a healthy retirement.
Service Technician Careers
Diesel service technician careers with a growing, family-owned company
Thank you for your interest in a diesel service technician career with the Butler Machinery and Butler Ag equipment team
We are always looking to add both recent graduates and experienced technicians to the Butler team who value great relationships with teammates, are customer-driven, strive for excellence every day, have high levels of integrity and accountability and focus on safety in everything they do. If you think this aligns well with who you are and you’re looking for an opportunity to grow your career, Butler could be the right employer for you. We have a variety of technician positions open across our 20 store locations and we’re excited to talk with you about them!
Whether you’re looking to get started in a career, or are simply ready for a new challenge, we want to hear from you! Butler offers a wide range of industry leading benefits to fit our employees needs and to help team members plan for a healthy retirement.Learn about our benefits package
Benefits that come with the job
- 8% Annual Retirement Employer Contribution
- Health Insurance – 4 plan options, including 3 high deductible plans
- Health Savings Account – Employer contribution up to $1,000/year.
- Dental Insurance – 2 plan options
- Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC Options – Cancer/accidental/hospitalization/short-term disability
- Short-Term Disability Coverage – 60% of salary paid by Butler
- Paternity, Maternity, and Adoption Leave Options
- Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Plan
- Employee Assistance Program – Including health coaching
- SmartDollar – Employer-paid financial planning program
- Legal Shield/ID Shield Products
- Other Company-Sponsored Benefits include uniforms, allowance for safety glasses, annual boot stipend, uniform, optional credit union membership and educational assistance
Whether you’re looking to get started in a career, or are simply ready for a new challenge, we want to hear from you! Butler offers a wide range of industry leading benefits to fit our employees needs and to help team members plan for a healthy retirement.
Career growthThe future success of Butler Machinery depends on the capabilities of individuals who believe in our company’s mission and values and are hungry to take their careers to the next level. Butler is looking for potential team members with strong characteristics of integrity, accountability, and ambition to join our team. Meet new people, build relationships, and grow your career with us, a premier equipment dealer.Whether you’re looking to get started in a career, or are simply ready for a new challenge, we want to hear from you! There are amazing career growth opportunities with an average technician wage of $81,000. Butler offers a wide range of industry-leading benefits that fit our employees day-to-day and future needs.
The ideal teammateWe are seeking individuals who are self-motivated and diligent, can thrive in a team environment, and has strong customer service skills to join our expanding team! Across our 20 store locations, we prioritize building long term relationships founded on trust every single day. The missions of Butler serve as the foundation for the success of our employees and customers alike. If you desire to be part of an organization that prioritizes the well-being of both its customers and employees, seize the opportunity to join the growing Butler family today!
Become a Butler tech
Whether you’ve been working for years, are just starting your first job after graduating from school or are a high school student interested in our ThinkBIG or ButlerMAX programs to pursue a career in diesel technology, Butler can find the right opportunity for you and help take your career to the next level. The future of our business is dependent upon developing the capabilities of individuals who live our company mission, demonstrate our values and are hungry to grow their careers. If you think you would be a good fit at Butler, we want to hear from you!
If you have questions about a technician career at Butler, or have any trouble with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgSee our current openings and apply online
State of the Art Training Center
Butler Machinery has always put a high priority toward providing the best possible training for our associates. It is evident in the training classrooms, curriculum and the one of a kind training center.
- Auditorium: 69 permanent seats…but will hold up to 74 comfortably. Used for internal meetings, training sessions, as well as external customers and community events.
- Classrooms: 5 classrooms
- with all classrooms in use, we can accommodate 100 people in training at any given time.
- Instructors: 3 full-time training instructors that train on Heavy, Agriculture, Industrial and Engines. We have a current course offering of over 50 classes
- Lab: Strictly used for training purposes.
- Generator: Powers both the corporate office/training center and the Fargo Store
- Cat 3508 Engine
- 910 KW
- 1341 HP
- Shop: The design of the shop roof is to be able to fit an excavator in with the boom up, with the angling of the wall is to help reduce noise. The floor is 1 foot thick iron reinforced concrete and the shop features overhead heated and outside air exchange for ventilation.
There are several reasons why I enjoy working at Butler. There is an atmosphere of teamwork that makes my job enjoyable. The opportunity for advancement, combined with continuous education, widens my future career opportunities. Working in the group focused on the construction/agriculture market, I am getting the opportunity to look outside the box, increase my business skills and travel to new places. What more could you ask for?
I have never worked for a company that is as dedicated to training as is Butler Machinery Company. Butler offers excellent training and growth opportunities for its associates.
I have been an associate of Butler Machinery Company for 10 years. It has been a wonderful and beneficial 10 years. Butler Machinery Company’s continual training and generous benefit plan make it an excellent company to be a part of. Because Butler Machinery Company is a family-owned company, they understand and value their associates’ professional and personal lives. As Butler Machinery Company grows, so too do their associates.
Who we are
Butler was founded in 1955. We are a third-generation, family-owned company with over 800 associates in 20 locations across North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska and Montana. We are proud to support our customers from a variety of industries including construction, agriculture, government, demolition and scrap handling, mining, landscaping and power generation. We sell and service equipment from manufacturers such as Caterpillar (ND and SD), AGCO, CLAAS (ND, SD and MT), Drago, Horsch, Trail King and more.